EzeGuest Owned & operated by Bepoz UK Ltd., Company number 12664566 (“Bepoz”) is committed to responsible privacy practices, and seeks to comply with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
COVID-19 – EzeGuest Check in data.
Personal information collected on customers checking in to https://app.ezeguest.io will only be used for the purpose of contact-tracing for COVID-19 and will not be used for any other purpose. It will only be made available to authorized third parties or the organizations using the service for the purpose of contact tracing or contact tracing compliance requirements, as required by law.
In the event that contact tracing measures are ended in the state in which you have completed a check in, all contact-tracing personal information will be deleted.
All Check In data is deleted on basis of the instructions given the venue residing state laws.
All data is stored in encrypted form in the Amazon Web Services data centers in Melbourne, Australia.
What is Personal Information ?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Common examples may include a person’s name, address, telephone number or date of birth.
Some types of personal information are designated as ‘sensitive information’. Sensitive information is subject to additional protection under the Privacy Act. For example, this can include information about a person’s health.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect and store may include your name, mobile number, email, Address, We also hold details of your visit history till the data is the deleted according to the regulation set by state laws, This includes the places you have visited and checked in using EzeGuest for visitor registration , Date & time, duration of stay and also your body temperature (if Any).
How do we collect your personal information ?
We collect personal information directly from you, including when you:
- are a Guest who use our ezeguest service to check in any of the venues that you visit
- are a staff member of a Venue that enters, or considers entering, a Services Agreement with us;
- access and use our website;
- apply to work with Bepoz or are engaged by bepoz as a contractor;
- request information or material from us;
- communicate with Ezeguest by email, by telephone, via our website or otherwise; or
- provide goods or services to us.
Where it is reasonable and practical to do so, we will only collect personal information about you from you directly and not from third parties.
We may also use the following technologies to collect technical information:
- cookies, which are data files that are placed on your device and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org;
How we use your personal information
Generally, we use your personal information for purposes connected with our business operations.
Some specific purposes for which we may use your personal information include:
- to record it as required by law so that you may enter a Venue during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- to communicate with you;
- to address any enquiries or complaints that you raise.
We may contact you regarding the above, including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by phone or in any other lawful manner.
We may also use your personal information for our service development purposes and for other purposes to which you have consented, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
To Whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes described above.
This may include disclosing your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- our service providers who assist us with our activities, for example IT service providers such as our cloud services provider, AWS in our case
- the operator of a Venue, as required for the Venue owner or operator to meet their legal obligations (for example so that the Venue owner or operator may keep a record of personal information of people who have entered the Venue);
- in the unlikely event that we or our assets may be acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party, that third party and its advisors;
- third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
- any other person as authorised or permitted by law.
We may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to protect our rights.
Venues’ privacy policies and practices
Venues and their owners and operators are independent of Ezeguest and may have privacy policies and practices which differ from ours. They are responsible for their own privacy policies and practices. Please contact Venues (or their owners or operators) directly for further information.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. We will provide access to that information in accordance with the Privacy Act, subject to any exemptions that may apply. We may charge an administration fee for providing access in limited circumstances.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it by contacting us.
How do we keep your information safe?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.